ARHA Pre-Conference Event
DAY 1: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26, 2023, 4PM-5PM
DAY 2: THURSDAY, APRIL 27, 2023 9AM-12PM
Join us as we wrap up another year with our scholars! Wednesday’s program will focus on identifying the common characteristics of great leaders and areas to improve to get there. Dinner will be provided following the presentation. On Thursday, we invite you to join us for breakfast as we show appreciation to our scholars and coordinators for their hard work this year. We will also take a deep dive into the current state of oral health and the conditions associated with it.
Day 1 *Dinner will be served
Date & Time: Wednesday April 26, 2023, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: 930 20th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35205, Room 302
Program Title: Leadership Development in Healthcare
Presented by: Michael Wiederman
Description: What are the characteristics of excellent leaders? There is broad consensus as to this list, so why don’t we see more leaders demonstrating these qualities? In this interactive workshop participants consider contemporary models of leadership, and consider their own strengths, challenges, and values as future leaders in health care.”
Day 2 *Breakfast Will be served
- Date & Time: Thursday, April 27 2023, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Location: Embassy Suites 2960 John Hawkins Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35244
- Breakfast & Headshots: As part of our Scholars Appreciation, we want to help prepare for your job searches. Before and during breakfast, we will offer complementary professional headshots for attendees.
- Oral Health in Alabama presented by Dr. Conan Davis and Dr. Stuart Lockwood
- Every Kick Counts Campaign presented by Dr. Tiffany Taft
- Introduction to the Oral Health Service Learning
- AHEC Scholars Recognition and Appreciation
The Alabama Statewide Area Health Education Center is funded in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration, the federal agency charged with training health professionals and improving health care for people who are geographically isolated, economically disadvantaged or medically vulnerable. The contents of this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.